Leading with Emotional Intelligence
What’s this course about?
People who rise to the top of their field are more than just good at their jobs. They are affable, resilient and optimistic. Success requires more than technical skills and cognitive intelligence. It also requires Emotional Intelligence—the ability to restrain negative feelings such as anger and self-doubt, and to focus on positive ones such as confidence, compassion and empathy. This online three-hour class will provide the participants with tools and strategies to manage the human side of their performance and understand the impact that EQ has on their leadership skills at work. There will be pre-assigned reading from two Harvard Business School Case Studies.
At the end of the class participants will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental characteristics of Emotional Intelligence
- Understand the impact of Emotional Intelligence on their leadership skills
- Discuss the behaviors associated with high and low Emotional Intelligence
- Assess their EQ strengths and areas for EQ development
- Create an action plan to increase their own Emotional Intelligence and understand what truly makes people tick on an emotional level
Who will be teaching the course?
Founder & President
Denise Rosenblum is the President and Founder of Dynamic Development, a training company that specializes in developing employees to become stronger communicators, managers and leaders. Denise works with companies to create an environment where employees feel valued as a result of career development, training, feedback and coaching.
Denise has over 25 years of professional development and marketing experience having worked at global companies including McCann Erickson, Young and Rubicam, Hill Holliday and Arnold Worldwide.
Denise is a seasoned trainer, speaker, executive coach and an expert in communication skills, customer service and management and leadership development. She has excellent insight into people’s strengths and opportunities for growth.