Writing Creative Briefs That Lead to Brilliance
What’s this course about?
The primary goal of this class is to achieve better results from the creative work we do. Whether you are writing the brief, approving it, or using it to evaluate creative, this class will teach you how to:
- Think more strategically
- Be curious and ask better questions to identify relevant insights
- See through the eyes of the customer
- Get the best strategic thinking out of your team
- You’ll leave with the knowledge you need to develop exciting and impactful briefs that inspire great creative work.
What will you learn?
Some of the topics we’ll cover in the class include:
- Purpose and role of the creative brief; who should develop it, use it and manage it
- Understanding the motivators and behaviors of customers
- Using Mindmapping for understanding the barriers and overcoming obstacles
- Writing through the eyes of your customer
- Analyzing the competition to find the most differentiating positioning
- Using the brief to inspire the creative team
- Techniques for evaluating and selling the creative based on the brief
Who will be teaching the course?
Principal and Founder
The Hambrick Group
Patricia Hambrick has been an active member of The Ad Club faculty since 2006. Her teaching experience began in 2001 at Boston University’s Questrom School of Business. She continues teaching there as a professor of graduate and undergraduate courses in Global Strategic Marketing, Brand Management and Core Marketing. She is consistently rated one of the top professors in the business school.
For over 20 years, Patricia has helped shape corporate visions and develop pioneering strategies that build lasting brand reputations for Fortune 500, as well as early stage companies. In all of her assignments, Patricia has played a major role in leading and educating organizations to think and act differently thereby taking their business to the next level and better connect with consumers of today.
Patricia is recognized as one of the most influential women in marketing, and over her career has won numerous awards including Ad Age’s Most Influential People in Marketing. A competitive triathlete, marathoner and sculler, Patricia has a BS degree from the University of California at Berkeley and a MBA from the Thunderbird School of Global Management in Arizona.