The 2016 Maven Awards
CTP for Save The Children
With March marking the 5th year of the Syrian conflict, we wanted to do something to reengage people in the discussion. We looked at significant events taking place during the timeframe that would help individuals understand the true magnitude of the atrocities taking place, and prompt them to take action.
We decided to center our efforts around the NCAA March Madness tournament in Brooklyn – an event sure to get a lot of buzz and media coverage. Our campaign created a juxtaposition around the fun and frenzy of March Madness and presented the war in Syria, and children who are affected, as the REAL Madness.
Activation ran March 18 – 20.
• There was a live projection 3-4 hours
• Prominent placements ran in different locations near Barclays center and in the heart of Brooklyn – Williamsburg.
• The video projection featured new statistics on the Syrian war in relationship to the size of Barclays and population of Brooklyn.
• Included “Text to Donate” call to action
• Videographer on premise filmed reactions for us to share.
We utilized paid social tactics targeting people in the area to draw attention to the event.
• Facebook & Instagram mobile ads targeting men and women who follow NCAA teams within a 50 mile radius of Brooklyn.
Additionally we secured pro bono mobile and pre-roll video from two of our media preferred partners.
• Geo-fenced mobile ads targeted within a 5 mile radius of Barclays Center.
• Pre-roll video targeted to Brooklyn with a 5 mile radius of Williamsburg