Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing | Marketing
Posted by: Human Resources
Cambridge, MA |
$69,000 - $116,000
Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing
Harvard Kennedy School
The Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing will help define and lead the development and execution of Harvard Kennedy School (HKS)’s master’s degree programs’ marketing strategy and related output. Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Enrollment Services, the Associate Director will work closely with colleagues in Enrollment Services (Office of Admissions, Student Financial Services, and Registrar) in addition to Degree Programs and
Student Affairs (DPSA), DPSA Communications, the HKS Office of Communications and Public Affairs (OCPA), research centers, and other HKS units to develop and execute marketing strategies, including content creation and design, to support the school’s outreach, recruitment, and yield efforts throughout the enrollment lifecycle.
Harvard Kennedy School values and is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community. We particularly welcome applicants who are committed to inclusive excellence and will contribute to the diversity of the HKS community.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Enrollment Services, the Associate Director’s role within Enrollment Services will focus on marketing strategy, content creation, and design. The Associate Director will broaden the school’s visibility and reach, supporting the school’s objective to be a leader in recruiting, enrolling, and supporting a diverse and
talented graduate student body committed to public service.
The Associate Director will have digital marketing expertise, graphic design experience, and a deep understanding of content marketing and social media platforms. The Associate Director is accountable for upholding quality, deadlines, and budget parameters for creative deliverables while remaining in alignment with HKS’s primary marketing messages, brand standards, and visual identity guidelines.
CM0757 Marketing/Sales Mgmt I
Support the school’s external marketing and communications efforts-identify best ways to implement and execute the strategy (70%):
- Develop annual marketing and communication content calendar for Enrollment Services.
- Identify and recommend latest trends, tools, and best practices in digital, print, and social media marketing outreach.
- Work closely with the DPSA Associate Director of Communications and Marketing to identify editorial content needed to support marketing strategy.
- Develop strategy for the HKS website, maintain and optimize webpages to ensure that they are up to date with the admissions cycle, and develop new pages based on emerging needs and new virtual events.
- Manage the HKS Admissions blog. Identify timely topics, manage the editorial calendar, recruit bloggers, write and edit content, publish posts, and engage with prospective students.
- Develop and oversee the master’s programs’ admissions social media strategy and presence. This includes partnering with OCPA to coordinate social media activity and accounts as well as paid advertising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Develop and execute email marketing strategy, and write other communications to prospective and admitted students.
- Review SEO and other analytics regularly, develop reports, and make recommendations to the Assistant Dean to optimize web strategy.
- Oversee video management in Enrollment Services, including uploading files to video platforms, managing closed captioning process, publishing videos on the HKS website, and sharing recordings.
Graphic design (15%):
- Work intently to develop and enforce quality and standards protocols, and safeguard compliance with HKS and Harvard University brand guidelines.
- Coordinate with colleagues representing Enrollment Services externally to ensure that HKS branding is presented accurately and meets Harvard University trademark policy.
- Design layouts for social media posts and stories to promote upcoming events, key enrollment dates, and paid ads.
- Design new marketing collateral as needed.
Additional marketing activities (10%):
- Proofread and edit marketing and strategic communication content, including emails, brochures, letters, websites, applications, and event collateral.
- Manage inventory of in-house marketing collateral and at vendor locations.
- Support Enrollment Services staff as relationship managers for prospective applicants throughout the enrollment lifecycle, including providing timely content on easy to understand and access platforms.
- Support other Enrollment Services programming and events as needed.
- Participate in HKS communication committees.
Other duties as assigned (5%):
- As needed, including supporting on-campus customer service efforts and other administrative duties.
Please submit a cover letter to be considered for this position. Harvard Kennedy School will not offer visa sponsorship.
- We regret that the Harvard Kennedy School does not provide Visa Sponsorship.
- Harvard University requires pre-employment references and background checks.
- Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
Given current COVID-19- restrictions, the Associate Director may begin working remotely and later transition to working on campus in the HKS offices after they reopen.
We will interview selected candidates virtually-by phone or Zoom-until further notice. We continue to closely monitor and adhere to evolving COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions and appreciate your understanding and flexibility with our interview process.
USA – MA – Cambridge
Degree Programs and Student Affairs
00 – Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or in a related field and a minimum of five years of experience demonstrating increased responsibilities in the marketing and/or communications industries.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Professional work experience in higher education, nonprofits, or nongovernmental organizations. Excellent writing, editing, and strategic messaging skills a must. Experience managing and executing sophisticated digital marketing campaigns supported by targeted print collateral. Proficiency in Technolutions Slate and/or Salesforce CRM and
Marketing Cloud, and related tools a major plus. Familiarity with marketing analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Google Search Console. Experience managing a CRM such as Drupal and graphic design skills. Experience building productive and positive relationships across departments. Demonstrated ability to work within budget parameters.
Sitting for extended periods of time, reading or in front of the computer.