Social Media Manager | Creative
Posted by: Andrea Davenport
South of Boston, MA |
The Zildjian Company has been synonymous with setting the standard for
the development and manufacture of high performance musical instruments since 1623. As the world’s leading maker of cymbals, drumsticks and percussion mallets, Zildjian products are sold across the globe, under the Zildjian and Vic Firth brands, and are the standard to which all other cymbals, drumsticks and mallets are measured. From the beginner to the world’s greatest rock stars, jazz performers and concert percussionists, amateurs and pros alike
chose Zildjian and Vic Firth products to allow them to experience and share the joy of music.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts with offices in Los Angeles, CA and London, UK, Zildjian products are sold globally through distributors and via a network of dealers. All Zildjian products are made in the USA at our cymbal factory in Norwell, MA and drumstick/mallet factory in Newport, ME.
The Role: Zildjian Social Media Manager
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to grow, engage, and retain our Zildjian follower base across existing Global channels, develop international distributor channels and handles, and paid social media channels. This Manager will effectively become the voice of the Zildjian brand. This role will be located in Norwell, MA, and report to the Global Director of Digital Marketing. S/he will have direct responsibility for the development and execution of our social media marketing plan for the Zildjian brand. This includes strategic, planning and execution of content, community management, and working with distributor partners on scaling and regionalizing content.
S/he will be a digital athlete with a passion for being up-to-date on the latest digital technologies and social
media trends. S/he will also be one part passionate brand builder and one part consumer champion – someone who thrives on spreading their passion and excitement for our brands with consumers in multiple segments around the world while continuously driving performance improvement by leveraging analytics to better understand our consumers and optimize our engagement with them. The successful candidate will have a high-level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills, with a talent for writing custom and engaging content.
· Apply brand voice to social channels for Zildjian Global handles
· In conjunction with the Digital Marketing Director, collaborate with the Education and Content Strategy team, Category Management and Artist Relations to design a global plan and execute a localized social media strategy that delivers against business goals and objectives specific to regions
· In international markets and regions where Zildjian social presence currently doesn’t exist, build a recommendation and execute a launch plan with the help of distributor partners.
· Monitor, respond, and manage our community of consumers and customers. This means responding to inquiries, liking posts to build affinity, linking to site or referring to Customer Service when needed.
· Actively listen to consumers; monitor and report on relevant insights about our brands and products, our competitors and other industry influencers
· Build and maintain our social media profiles and presence in key local markets – work with regional distributors on building calendars that scale global content. Identify opportunities to bring regional content to the global level, cementing our position as a global brand.
· Curate and repost content from consumers and other sources that are consistent with brand standards, voice, and tonality. Share local market insights and activities with the broad marketing and Artist Relations team
· Identify new and innovative ways to engage existing and new consumers through exploring new social media channels that reach our target audiences
· Ensure all content is aligned with brand standards.
· In partnership with the Digital Marketing Director, leverage data analytics and owned platforms to extract consumer insights. Leverage insights to deepen consumer personas and journey mapping and connect the dots cross-functionally to ensure all efforts are driving impact with our key consumer targets and delivering results.
· Track social media performance against KPIs to ensure our plans and content are achieving relevant
metrics relative to all paid, owned and earned efforts. Oversee test & learns and scaled media analytics to ensure the delivery of optimal results and impact.
· Develop, recommend, and execute optimization strategies and tactics based on analytics insights and
· Attend consumer and trade events to capture and create content
· Stay up to date with current technologies, best practices and trends in social media, design tools and applications and share across the team to continuously improve
· Build, maintain and distribute a detailed a master consumer marketing calendar for each brand and
· Collaborate with the Vic Firth Social Media Manager on opportunities to cross-sell, upsell, and sync
the brands. This includes corporate communications through social media (LinkedIn)
· Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience in social media marketing or digital first PR, degree in
Marketing or Communications preferred
· A social media power user with passion for social media marketing and trends; first-hand experience activating in and optimizing placement and execution on Google, YouTube and leading social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
· Excellent written and verbal communicate skills, with demonstrated experience writing content for
· Ability to conceptualize, create and deliver content (text, image, video)
· Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task and track a wide variety of activities under deadline, paying close attention to detail
· Strong collaboration skills in a team-first environment
· Background in drumming or percussion and ability to speak the “drummer language”
· Ability and desire to travel internationally as needed
Zildjian is an equal opportunity
employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without
regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, martial status,
physical and mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual
orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.