VP, Media Director | Media
Posted by: Carol Taylor
Boston, MA |
MERGEboston is a marketing services firm with deep domain expertise in financial services, life sciences, healthcare and pharma. We offer a full range of services including strategic planning, creative design, technology development, media planning & buying, and research & analytics. We specialize in helping people make the most important decisions in their lives: those related to their physical health and financial wellbeing. We see it as an awesome responsibility, but one that we deliver with a big dose of camaraderie and fun. It’s an entrepreneurial environment, where every team member has a voice at the table and a chance to learn and sharpen new skills.
We currently seek a VP, Media Director with 12+ years of experience leading integrated media programs and an excellent understanding of the full process from strategy and plan development, to execution and measurement. Core responsibilities include overseeing a book of business, managing direct reports, and planning and implementing integrated programs across digital, print, radio, television and/or out-of-home.
- Serving as the strategic media lead on 3 or more accounts
- Working with cross-function team and junior media staff to develop and implement integrated media programs (digital, print, radio, television and/or out-of-home)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key partners in the media publishing and technology realms
- Devising and presenting media strategy to clients
- Collaborating with Creative team to develop breakthrough ideas and programs
- Overseeing inventory procurement, including contracting, spec gathering, and ad trafficking as needed
- Managing in-market campaigns to ensure performance, delivery and optimizations are on track
- Overseeing program budgets, invoicing and billing reconciliation
- Supporting new business as needed
- 12+ years’ media planning and buying experience across digital/social/mobile, TV, radio, print and/or OOH
- 2-3+ years’ experience at the Media Director level
- Proven team builder with both client and cross-capability teams, clarifying roles and expectations
- Demonstrated ability to see beyond explicit assignment and identify broader, longer-term opportunities
- Demonstrated experience driving cutting-edge, complex, integrated program design and implementation with demonstrable ROI
- Proven ability drafting data- and insight-driven strategic plans and points of view
- Curiosity about the ever-changing media landscape, and desire to share latest industry trends and developments with broader team
- Ability to anticipate client needs/perspective/process and respond accordingly
- Expert experience with ad servers and ad verification (e.g., DCM, TDD, Moat), including accurate campaign set up, creative trafficking, QA, optimization, troubleshooting and reporting
- Experience with syndicated data sources and tools (e.g. GfK MRI, Telmar, Nielsen)
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills (written & verbal)
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability. Ability to bring the highest level of skill and competence.
- Agility. To keep us flexible, nimble and incredibly responsive to client and market demands.
- Humility. Constant seekers of new ideas, amazing collaborators and builders of those around us.
MERGE embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Merge does not publish our salary information. Any salaries posted online are estimated ranges provided by external job sites and are not a reflection of our actual salary ranges.