Director, Analytics | Media
Posted by: Carol Taylor
Boston, MA |
MERGE is a marketing services firm with deep domain expertise in financial services, life sciences and healthcare; we offer a full range of services including strategic planning, creative design, technology development, media planning & buying, and research & analytics. In our work with financial services and healthcare brands, we specialize in helping people make the most important decisions in their lives: those related to their physical health and financial wellbeing. We see it as an awesome responsibility, but one that we deliver with a big dose of camaraderie and fun. It’s an entrepreneurial environment, where every team member has a voice at the table and a chance to learn and sharpen new skills.
We currently seek a Director, Analytics to help lead the development and application of data driven insights that inform client engagement strategies across traditional, digital, mobile and social media channels.
- Designing and developing the marketing analytics strategy for one or more clients from program kickoff through implementation and performance reporting
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams (Account, Creative, Media and Technology) to define measurable program goals and objectives
- Providing solutions and points of view on how to solve or answer analytical and measurement challenges, including measurement plans outlining project objectives, tools, data sources, and reporting frequency
- Being a subject matter expert with respect to key measurement/data platforms (ad servers, site-side reporting packages, and BI tools)
- Working with one or more direct reports to implement measurement frameworks, generate performance reports, and provide analysis into and improvement recommendations for our clients marketing programs
- Managing the overall quality assurance process to ensure high quality, on-time deliverables
- Serving as an analytics evangelist throughout the agency, educating and inspiring clients and coworkers alike about best practices and emerging trends
- 10 years agency or client-side experience in the measurement and analytics discipline, with at least 5 years’ experience in a leadership role overseeing client relationships and direct reports
- Demonstrated past experience in digital marketing, measurement, data analysis, and web optimization across channels (web, email, social, mobile, emerging media)
- Deep understanding of and experience with web site analytics packages, tag management, online ad serving systems, social listening platforms, BI platforms and related tools and services
- Experience with cross-channel attribution solutions a plus
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills
- Analytical mindset, comfortable working with numbers
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to manage timelines and multitask across a variety of projects
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics; advertising, direct marketing, CRM or digital background desirable
- Ability. Ability to bring the highest level of skill and competence.
- Agility. To keep us flexible, nimble and incredibly responsive to client and market demands.
- Humility. Constant seekers of new ideas, amazing collaborators and builders of those around us.
MERGE embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Merge does not publish our salary information. Any salaries posted online are estimated ranges provided by external job sites and are not a reflection of our actual salary ranges.