Account Manager: Planning/Buying | Media
Posted by: Andrew Chesney
Boston, MA |
We’re actively hiring for a number of Account Executive and Manager roles, looking for candidates with previous planning and buying experience, agency side.
If you are a dynamic and creative thinker, with a passion for all things media, we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidates will be responsible for researching, planning, developing and buying media plans for our clients, working alongside a wider team.
Knowledge of the financial or business education sector is a plus.
The successful applicant will use both in-house and external research to identify the best mix of media channels to deliver an impactful advertising message to a clients’ target audience. You will work with the wider planning and buying team and also have direct responsibility for planning, negotiating and buying media space.
- Implementation of integrated advertising campaigns (all media, online and offline).
- Analysing and researching the target audience’s character, purchasing and media habits.
- Attending client meetings to understand their advertising strategy and target audience.
- Plan and buy relevant media and present media proposals, including timings and cost breakdown.
- Work with and maintain relationships with industry partners such as clients, publishers, media vendors and creative agencies.
- Obtain the best advertising rates that fit with the agreed media strategy
- Advising the creative teams and clients about the most effective combination of media.
- Prepare competitive data overview, analysis and presentation.
- Monitoring and updating clients on the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Routine administrative and paper work.
Skills and personal qualities
- Ability to understand and interpret research data.
- Proficiency in all forms of traditional media with an expertise in digital media required.
- Aware of media trends and a flair for business and commerce.
- Resourceful, creative,able to recognise good media opportunities and the ability to develop new ideas/concepts.
- Excellent negotiator and good interpersonal skills. Persuasive and diplomatic.
- Able to work alongside a range of people and as an integral part of a team.
- Good presenter with good written and spoken communication skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment and concurrently manage multiple projects/deadlines.
- Confident talking on the telephone and face-to-face with clients.
Minimum 2 years of advertising and/or marketing industry experience is a requirement for Account Manager role.
What’s on offer
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- Healthcare coverage, including life cover
- Paid holiday package, increasing with tenure
- The opportunity to fast track your career. We believe in recognition, reward and progression – partnered with the appropriate training and support.
- A dynamic place to work in a contemporary, team focussed and forward-thinking company
If this sounds like your next challenge, then please get in touch. Send your CV and cover letter (describing why you would be perfect for this role) to:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.