VP, Account Director | Account Services
Posted by: Carol Taylor
Boston, Boston |
MERGE is a marketing services firm with deep domain expertise in financial services, life sciences and healthcare; we offer a full range of services including strategic planning, creative design, technology development, media planning & buying, and research & analytics. In our work with financial services and healthcare brands, we specialize in helping people make the most important decisions in their lives: those related to their physical health and financial wellbeing. We see it as an awesome responsibility, but one that we deliver with a big dose of camaraderie and fun. It’s an entrepreneurial environment, where every team member has a voice at the table and a chance to learn and sharpen new skills.
We currently seek an VP, Account Director to oversee and lead all account management processes on our Healthcare team. In this role, you will act as a senior solution-oriented leader that thrives on developing lasting relationships between the client and agency teams. Utilizing deep industry knowledge and experience, you inspire team members to make our strategy, creative, and digital campaigns more innovative, smarter, and more robust. Your role involves consistent client contact and operates at a high level in all aspects of account management.
- Provide strategic leadership for Account Management team, including:
- Serve as the trusted voice of the consumer by assimilating customer and marketplace insights into the development of strategies and marketing programs
- Efficiently balance the dual expectations of the agency and our clients
- Guide clients by educating them with strategy, ideas, trends, and thought leadership
- Responsible for creating relationships with senior clients to facilitate the overall needs of the client and agency
- Sign off on materials for reporting to the client
- Grow business by utilizing experience to identify additional business needs and implement solutions
- Leverage experience and capabilities to craft strategic and creative solutions for both existing and new business clients
- Incorporate senior staff from other departments as project objectives or issues warrant
- Manage and grow a team as a mentor and trusted advisor to account team
- 10+ years of account management/consulting experience
- Deep expertise in healthcare category
- Very strong direct response (print + digital)/performance marketing experience
- Medicaid experience a plus
- Ability to evaluate competitive communications across category, consumer, service, cultural trends, etc.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to be a constant leader to a team in highly collaborative environment and to develop and execute Account Management strategies
- Advanced client management skills, especially as it relates to expanding business within existing clients
- Superior professional communication and presentation skills
- Commitment to client, attention to detail, and strong problem solving ability
- Bachelor degree required, MBA a plus
- Ability. Ability to bring the highest level of skill and competence.
- Agility. To keep us flexible, nimble and incredibly responsive to client and market demands.
- Humility. Constant seekers of new ideas, amazing collaborators and builders of those around us.
MERGE embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Merge does not publish our salary information. Any salaries posted online are estimated ranges provided by external job sites and are not a reflection of our actual salary ranges.