Southern New Hampshire University
Internal Communications Manager | Marketing
Posted by: Mary Jane Laureto
New Hampshire, NH |
Southern New Hampshire University is currently seeking an Internal Communications Manager. As an Internal Communications Manager, this individual will support efforts focused on effective communications to staff within SNHU Operations. He/she will report to the Senior Director of Internal Communications and work closely with the Student Marketing, Student Experience, Academics, HR, Operations and Data Analytics departments, as well as External Affairs and Communication departments, as part of a service organization.
The Internal Communications Manager will work on various writing and editing tasks, communication channel management and project organization related to major internal changes and announcements (i.e. weekly updates, major system changes, crisis communications, announcements, and more). Communication vehicles for reaching SNHU’s online division employees include automated email communications, CRM/email templates, toolkits, live chat, portal, landing pages, publications, digital TV displays, face-to-face and internal listservs.
Essential responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Support a unified view of all communication to online division staff across departments with a focus on creating and maintaining brand consistency with message, tone and voice
- Serve as a backup for SNHU Operations communication on appropriate committees and task forces
- Support Student Experience teams with change management communications about all university changes and announcements to ensure adoption, understanding and accurate execution
- Support the streamlining and improvement of internal communication processes and tactics with a high focus on aligning this plan with the overall university mission, vision and brand standards
- Manage an accessible editorial calendar
- Engage with and motivate internal audiences while focusing on continuous improvement based on proven results and best practices
- Project manage select internal communication initiatives and work in collaboration with internal partners to gather requirements and translate business needs into technical execution
- Support the build, execution and tracking of new internal communication plans, while ensuring collaboration with external communication channels and outreach plans
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a communication field or client services setting
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven track record of successful communication strategies and implementation in a client-services setting
- Excellent client management skills, strong written and verbal communications, executive level presence and ability to ensure shared understanding as well as gain consensus among a variety of internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to utilize data and metrics in decision-making
- Possess the desire to develop new testing and measurement practices based on employee engagement
- Experience with or willingness to learn how to use various technologies and tools to distribute and measure communications
- Previous experience working with and developing communication on behalf of internal audiences and stakeholders
- Understanding of communication vehicles and the ability to make recommendations based on results
- Strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving and attention to detail
- Experience with email marketing automation tools
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We’re proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition
reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off.
We’re constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!