Boston Business Journal
Advertising Sales Executive | Sales
Posted by: Jill Cohen
Boston, MA |
The Boston Business Journal is continuing to build its team and is seeking candidates for its growing sales team. The successful candidate is a top producer with strong consultative sales skills, with a proven track record of success in prospecting, business development and client service. He or she excels in developing integrated marketing campaigns across multiple platforms, including digital, print and events. Qualified applicants must be comfortable working with business owners, managing partners and C-level executives.
If you thrive in an environment where you can truly deliver value to your clients, consider joining the Boston Business Journal team. We are committed to your professional development and provide extensive on-boarding and on-going sales training. Our training process is customized to help you deliver integrated, client-focused solutions to our select audience of business decision makers that will in turn, improve client retention and new business development.
- Prospecting is a key element of this position; it requires identifying and qualifying new clients for our digital, print, special publications and events.
- Generate advertising revenue by consistently meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
- Develop new business and manage the sales cycle from start to finish.
- Maintain an active schedule of face-to-face appointments and prospecting calls.
- Develop and maintain strong C-level client relationships.
- Represent The Boston Business Journal at company-sponsored and community events.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Two years minimum experience selling media and/or sponsorships and integrated marketing campaigns. Experience in digital sales is a plus.
- Strong presentation skills.
- A strong track record of consistent revenue growth.
- Effective time management skills.
- The ability to exceed expectations in a results-oriented environment.
- Professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and SalesForce.
- Valid Drivers License