Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Direct Marketing Manager | Marketing
Posted by: Grace Kim
Quincy, MA |
The direct marketing manager will be a results-driven 1:1 marketer with experience in complicated, highly regulated industries such as insurance or financial services.
This person will lead Email, SMS and Direct Mail campaigns and will be responsible for channel management, campaign execution, performance measurement and ROI analysis; while leveraging B2B and B2C insights, benchmarking and industry trends to drive ongoing results. In this role you will be charged with bringing the company’s marketing strategy to life through direct channels, driving customer retention, cross-sell and leads, while building loyalty and increasing engagement in both the B2B and B2C segments. The ideal candidate should possess a balance of strategic, creative and analytical thinking in order to execute against business objectives through a customer-centric lens; have experience leading all stages of direct marketing campaign development, be a subject matter expert, with strong business insights and an ability to understand both the “why” and the “how” of digital marketing.
- Partners with Product Marketing leadership to develop and execute direct marketing strategies to support business area growth and allow BCBSMA to reach the target audience through the appropriate channel.
- Manages all email, SMS and Direct Mail campaigns, including creative development, execution, reporting, sequencing and optimization.
- Leads all aspects of planning, testing, executing and optimizing direct marketing campaigns that deliver against marketing and sales goals.
- Responsible for developing sequential contact strategies and implementing coordinated communications that deliver against these plans based on audience behaviors and channel preferences.
- Acts as marketing lead for the Enterprise Preference Center, working closely with Legal and Compliance to ensure adherence to agreed upon rules and regulations.
- Formulates and executes test strategies focused on improving key metrics and develops and implements reporting processes to track program performance.
- Anticipates upcoming business needs and proactively makes appropriate plans to capitalize on them.
- Develops executive level presentations and reports out to senior business leaders on status and progress.
- Manages the overall communications lifecycle across each channel – from acquisition and reactivation to engagement and retention programs.
- Initiates and implements channel growth strategies for B2C and B2B markets that drive organic growth of email and SMS subscriber bases.
- Helps guide creative teams to ensure channel creative and digital landing experiences are developed in a customer-centric tone/voice, align to larger product or brand campaign goals, and are seamlessly connected.
- Implements attribution strategy, logic and modeling for automated email messaging sequences.
- Develops segmented lists based on desired outcomes and behaviors like past channel and website engagement for better targeting of messages across segments.
- Develops documentation and roadmaps for processes, A/B tests, and multivariate tests.
- Leverages analytics data to measure results, gain insights into campaign performance, and optimize channel performance.
- Manages relationships with internal and external service providers (email, text, DM), including ownership of budget, scope and technical project coordination.
- Expert knowledge of direct marketing, and digital channels with proven success in developing effective strategies for both B2B and B2C segments.
- Detail-oriented, solutions-driven, organized, creative, multi-tasker who works well under pressure.
- Effective presentation skills; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Past experience actively leading email, SMS and Direct Mail; able to manage lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics projects.
- Demonstrated success as an internal and external business partner to key stakeholders.
- Acts with a sense of urgency; builds and adjusts plans to deliver results to meet or exceed expectations.
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, and sender reputation.
- Strategic thinker who is highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and make sound recommendations for communication optimization.
- Direct marketing advocate who educates the organization on channel best practices, applicable usage of each channel, and how channels can be used to complement one another and/or support other paid media in holistic campaign development.
- Able to recommend and design programs that leverage new platforms and tech solutions.
- Strong PC and/or MAC skills including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Acrobat, Adobe. Understanding of HTML.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6-8 years of experience in direct marketing, with digital agency experience a plus. Healthcare experience and familiarity with HIPAA privacy rules preferred.