Allen & Gerritsen
Director, Experience Design | Creative
Posted by: Jillian DiNardo
Boston, MA |
The Director of Experience Design will create high-impact, data-driven customer experiences based on system design informed by human behaviors. This role will be focused on demonstrating a strong understanding of interactive best practices, including digital design, front end development, usability, responsive design, information architecture and technology standards to all initiatives including websites, desktop and mobile applications, and infographics. Ensuring the team creates conceptually strong and seamless, strategic solutions that reflect clients’ brand and promise, consistently and professionally. Developing individual team member’s technical skills, professional techniques, training needs, and professional growth. The position will lead best practices for web, mobile, and digital engagements in order to create best-in-class marketing and brand experiences for our clients.
Specifically, the Director will:
- Evaluate and advance A&G experience design practice, based on knowledge of establishment objectives and market characteristics.
- Partner directly with Creative Technology to find product solutions to client briefs.
- Be fluent in creating prototypes and wireframes
- Partner with developers to implement, measure and optimize those solutions
- Formulate and direct marketing activities for clients to promote products or services based on client expectations.
- Advise both internal and external stakeholders in the areas of application design and user interface principles.
- Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in communications or a related communications field and 7+ years of relevant professional experience in developing and executing communication design and creative strategies. This candidate must:
- Demonstrate adaptability, strong communication and collaborative skills.
- Possess a creative portfolio showcasing a range of platform experiences and thought leadership in establishing best in class engagements for clients
- Proven track record of leading, teaching and mentoring
- 7+ years of experience in communicating vision, setting direction, and managing wireframe concepts from start to finish for screens, storyboards and/or sitemaps.
- 7+ years of experience in creating brand experiences for clients through physical or digital means with range of approaches solving for different problems.
- 7+ years of experience with creative conceptualization, problem-solving, presentation, and implementation of detailed engagements.
- Candidate will demonstrate strong visual expression/communication, analytical thinking, mastery of information design, research techniques, user modeling, knowledge of usability testing principles.