Copywriter | Creative
Posted by: Caroline Hurwitz
South of Boston, RI |
Position Summary : Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Editorial and Content Design, the Writer will lead and generate writing and content development for various projects and initiatives across an assigned business unit. This individual must have strong writing and editing skills, including knowledge of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar. Have the ability to lead and generate writing concepts, while taking direction from Sr. Manager, Sr. Writer and Creative Directors. Demonstrate strategic and creative problem solving with a deep understanding of copy to develop compelling ideas that are on brand and meet business objectives. Partner with Sr. Writers and Design peers to deliver on the brief and project expectations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead and generate impactful copy and content that delivers on and adheres to the brand vision, tone and brand standards while ensuring consistency.
• Presents copy concepts, serving as copy subject matter expert in formal meetings with senior and management level team members, for copy review and approval.
• Bring ideas and copy to life across a wide scope of unique projects through innovation and collaboration with peers and internal business teams.
• Develop and maintain trusted partnerships with peers, internal business teams and external agencies.
• Apply deep and demonstrated experience in writing for a broad range of deliverables that include paid, earned and owned channels that include: signing, print, email, DM, social and digital.
• Successfully use skills and knowledge to create compelling themes, ideas and copy that are on brand, and meet or exceed business objectives.
• Partner with design peers and implementation to deliver on the brief and project expectations and ensure execution of ideas and copy as planned. Required Qualifications : • Minimum 2 years of experience as a Writer in an agency and/or corporate environment
• Experience writing copy for print, digital, social and other owned, earned and paid channels
• Strong portfolio or samples of work required
• Must have Advertising experience
• Working knowledge of Mac and Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office software Preferred Qualifications : • Prior experience developing copy concepts in a retail, digital or marketing environment is preferred
• Constantly evolving knowledge of contemporary writing and marketing trends
• Strong writing and editing skills, including knowledge of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar
• Demonstrates proficiency in developing copy concepts in at least one functional area like retail, digital or marketing.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
• Demonstrates solid capability with writing for both long, and short form copy
• Proven track record as a Copywriter, with a deep understanding of the ways copy helps to inspire action
• Ability to understand a marketing brief and translate the input into ideas
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Has experience expressing ideas, concepts, and copy through verbal and in-person presentations.
• Ability to take creative direction and incorporate feedback
• Excellent team player and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Must be flexible and adapt/react to change.
• Must be able to multi-task Education : • High School Diploma or GED required
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Advertising/Communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience