Blue Cross Blue Shield
API Integration Specialist – Developer | Technical
Posted by: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Ready to help us transform healthcare? Bring your true colors to blue.
At BCBSMA, we have a unique opportunity for working within service delivery team as API integration specialist. They work with stakeholders, Service Delivery team leadership and subject matter experts to analyze, design, build and implement API’s needed within the organization. They will be implementing API’s to deliver and automate the functionality as per the client teams need, by working closely with the cross functional team and making decisions on the any features build required. They will also be in charge of implementation, documentation, and integration of a variety of software platforms through the REST API framework. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enables us to deliver and improve on the product quickly.
- Actively participate in technical design discussions
- Understand the business mission, strategy, and processes of the service consumer applications along with service team strategy.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
- Develops and manages effective collaborative relationships with other departments, groups, peers, and subordinates.
API Life cycle management responsibilities:
- Capable of API delivery end to end which includes Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and Delivery of API(s).
- Understand creation and deployment of API led design strategy, API usage framework, and project team API enablement guidance as a core member of the service delivery team.
- Effectively communicates project expectations, issues, risks, and decisions to project team and business stakeholder related to API implementation.
- Designs, Develop and prototypes cloud deployed, and DevOps enabled scalable solutions to business problems in alignment with the architecture direction and standards.
- Be part of development teams in building new API’s, working closely with requirements other developers and the product owners in an agile development practice
- Implement common APIs based on architecture guidelines and framework related to logging, authentication, security, error recovery etc.