Blue Cross Blue Shield
Sales Executive III (Municipal / Government) | Sales
Posted by: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Ready to help us transform healthcare? Bring your true colors to blue.
Manages renewal process for existing business and seeks opportunities to expand medical and ancillary membership. You will retain and grow business through consultative selling; needs analysis, solution presentation, pricing and excellence in execution. This is a multi-level sales process which includes elected officials, finance directors, human resources managers and interaction with labor leadership and retirees. Sales include dental & ancillary through consultants, brokers, Joint Purchase Associations and on a direct basis.
- Uses strong consultative, solutions based selling skills, ability to build relationships, influence decision-making, and negotiate sales to meet or exceed forecast and goals for territory; medical, dental and ancillary), and forecast accuracy
- Responsible for relationship building and management with key brokers, consultants and accounts and to develop an understanding of municipal health insurance procurement law – MGL32b and building appropriate relationships internally.
- Responsible for managing the renewal cycle for assigned renewals including complete needs analysis, proposed solutions, negotiating pricing, closing deals, and excellence in implementing onboarding of new product lines.
- Must demonstrate effective organizational, time management and prioritization skills in order to consistently meet deadlines and performance and activity standards.
- Manages multiple level needs and presents viable solutions to each constituency.
- Displays Teamwork and professionalism in all interactions internally and externally
- Drives resolution of issues and approvals cross functionally through consensus building
- Provides work direction to the assigned account service representative
- Massachusetts Life, Accident and Health producer’s license to be obtained within 90 days of start date and specified requirements met to maintain active license status.
- Extensive knowledge of BCBS and competitor’s healthcare products.
- Team player, effective communicator, persuasive and professional demeanor
- Communication skills – effective verbal, written and oral communications.
- BS/BA degree preferred.
- 5-7 years professional business experience.
- 3-5 years account management experience.
- Prior sales experience required; healthcare sales experience preferred.