Blue Cross Blue Shield
Sr. Manager Engineering/Development - Digital Solutions | Technical
Posted by: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Ready to help us transform healthcare? Bring your true colors to blue.
At Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, we have an exciting opportunity for an energetic, passionate, and accomplished digital solutions developer/architect that is responsible for the technology and delivery of solutions that enable a personalized, consistent, and engaging customer experience across all BCBSMA digital assets. This critical role, reporting directly to the Director Digital Tech Delivery, works closely with key senior business and technology partners, as well as strategic vendors, to provide the road maps that enable a highly engaged experience with our members, providers, accounts, and brokers via mobile, web, and other digital vehicles. This is a hands-on technology position that designs, develops, deploys and manages the Digital platform using associated Enterprise Technology development processes.
- Primarily accountable for the technical direction and the design, development and implementation of digital solutions, ensuring sustainable and measurable continuous improvement is achieved.
- Technical team leadership skills; specifically supporting digital solutions.
- Drive technical products for Digital implementations (including consideration for maintenance and enhancements, production support and technology upgrades)
- Partner with other Digital development, architecture, and support teams to ensure coordination and synergies for all Digital properties are met
- Partner with other technology teams (e.g., architecture, security, infrastructure, data warehouse & analytics) to assess impacts of their initiatives and ensure that technical solutions are aligned with overall IT direction.
- Keep stakeholders well informed of status of development effort and serve as liaison between engineers and business partners.
- Communicate complex technical topics to non-technical resources and leadership. Provide technical guidance on alternative approaches to issues that arise. Document and articulate complex solutions via diagrams and presentations.
- Provide resource & effort estimations and partner closely with developers, analysts, testers and other Agile POD members to deliver optimal solutions.
- Develop proof of concepts for business areas to showcase core capabilities/functionalities within Digital domain.
- Coach, mentor and influence technology and business stakeholders on how best to leverage the Digital platforms/solutions and maximize business value
- Provide the conduit between business and technical resources to ensure technical design, development and testing meet the needs of our business partners
- Ability to thrive in an Agile POD environment with virtual teams comprised of onshore/offshore and local/remote resources
Technical Solution/Product Delivery Experience:
- Deep hands-on experience architecting, developing, and delivering mobile and/or web-based applications
- Proven experience in delivering solutions using industry standard technologies including Angular 5, JSON, REST, OAUTH2, HTML5, iOS, Android, Ionic
- Experience with web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML) to integrate web/mobile applications to server side systems
- Experience with API technologies including Apigee, Springboot; IIB & DataPower a plus
- Experience in a public cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Experience with DevSecOps including Jenkins, Artifactory, and GitHub
- Proven ability to design, optimize, and integrate business processes across disparate system and technologies
- Experience with Agile methodology, web/mobile testing tools, deployment and configuration management tools, and secure infrastructure management
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop & document processes and methodologies.
- Familiarity with web/mobile analytics solutions
Additional technical considerations:
- MEAN stack understanding/usage, API Management tools, and familiarity with RESTful API development
- Mobile development (hybrid and native) and web development; including tools (JIRA, GIT, testing tools, etc.)
- Cloud versus on premise infrastructures; familiarity with PaaS offerings
- Security and Identity access management experience
- Familiarity of the following a plus:
- Drupal Content Management System
- Oracle/Mongo DB
- IBM IIB
- IBM Websphere Portal Server
- Experience leading teams in design and/or delivery of technical solutions
- Ability to build strong relationships in a matrix organization, particularly with teams in enterprise architecture, security, infrastructure, services, and data analytics
- Extensive experience in forging relationships across technical & business resources and leveraging networks
- Experience in collaborating with technology vendors and research providers to solution new business capabilities
- Ability to align with leadership direction and provide recommendations to optimize technology to deliver business value quickly with quality
- Ability to coach, mentor, and influence resources inside and outside of direct span of control
Essential Personal Characteristics:
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible, Agile POD environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid leadership skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent organizational and time management skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership role delivering complex enterprise projects