Blue Cross Blue Shield
EPPD Director, Strategy & Planning | Technical
Posted by: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Ready to help us transform healthcare? Bring your true colors to blue.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Enterprise Portfolio Planning & Delivery, the EPPD Director, Strategy & Planning is responsible for Business Relationship Management, Project Portfolio Management, Strategic Planning, Project Scoping, High Level Project Requirements and Multi-year Capabilities Planning. This role will create business value by partnering with leaders throughout the organization to align existing business plans with technology roadmaps in support of our corporate goals and objectives. These internal partnerships will look to ensure transparency across our various Business Area Leaders, Segment teams, Corporate Committees and Enterprise Technology Leadership, to allow for effective planning against existing and net new capability needs.
- Work within organization to determine short & long term goals of our business partners. Identify business need, potential growth areas and develop action plans to jointly achieve corporate goals and objectives.
- Provide senior leadership with an independent recommendations that takes both business and technology investment into account for the betterment of the organization
- Serve as an advocate of the business by articulating the business’ needs within the context of the shifting healthcare landscape and working with ET Architecture and Technical Delivery teams to translate that into an actionable solution roadmaps.
- Understands complex technological solutions with the ability to phase in functionality to provide business value early and often during a project implementation.
- Engages with internal and external constituents to identify process and technology best practices. Understands how technology is evolving and is able to foster and drive innovation and ideation with the business.
- Understands how key vendors are evolving their capabilities over the next 3-5 years. Articulates opportunities and challenges to business partners and recommends ways to leverage developing capabilities to benefit the business strategy.
- Develops business relationships and drives activities including RFPs, negotiation of scope, program execution in support of the solution roadmap
- Understands the long term capability needs of the business and work with ET Architecture and Technical Delivery teams to map current technical capabilities, identify delta to find heat, and collaborates with program management to develop solutions to evolve the business
- Possesses deep knowledge of business architecture, translates how the business delivers functionality and what type of systems architecture is needed to support workflows and end-user needs.
- Collaborates across ET and the organization to mitigate risks and issues on programs, production support and business operations.
- Sound knowledge of BCBSMA Business Area(s), Project Portfolio processes, business processes and technology platforms
- Strategic vision and the ability to translate into tactical plans to achieve business value
- Proven success in managing people and achieving business goals and objectives
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and to influence key internal constituents to meet enterprise wide objectives
- Strong resource management skills in attracting, retaining, motivating and developing talent
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work constructively with all levels of the organization
- Documented strength in problem analysis and resolution
- Strong decision making and leadership competency to drive agreement and support across the organization
Education and Relevant Experience:
- Minimum 10 -15 years technology leadership experience
- Bachelor degree required, graduate degree in business or technology preferred
- Previous experience with portfolio management, business consulting and strategic planning
- Knowledge or past experience with BCBSMA business areas and Business Planning a plus