Digital Communications Specialist | Digital Marketing
Posted by: Katherine Melanson
Boston, MA |
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Partners HealthCare Internal Communications department provides a shared, common communications experience for all Partners HealthCare corporate employees. A central function, it employs a team of communications professionals, uses digital tools to form a strategic partnership with its constituents to meet communication needs with the goal of advancing corporate strategic objectives.
The Digital Communications Specialist reports to the Director of Internal Communications and is responsible for internal and system-wide communications activities. Under the guidance of the Manager and the Director, the Specialist will support key internal communications for Partners HealthCare corporate departments and the system, including day-to-day coordination, development of written and digital communications, design and publishing of graphics and management and maintenance of the intranet, Partners Pulse. The Specialist may also act as a primary liaison to one or more internal departments or initiatives, providing communications planning and production support.
The Specialist will support and produce a range of digital communications vehicles such as, e-newsletters, video solutions and digital signage at the Partners Assembly Row campus.
Partners Pulse is a comprehensive intranet and digital workplace and the Specialist plays a vital role site configuration and maintenance, training and user support and site governance. This detail-oriented individual also posts content, fosters employee engagement, monitors and reports on analytics, advises on potential digital solution opportunities and resolves issues in coordination with vendors and Information Systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Supporting the internal communications strategy, day-to-day communications activities and serving as the point person for specified internal clients.• Regularly working in digital communication tools, i.e., content management systems, email distribution systems like Lyris or Constant Contact, digital screens.• Proactively maintaining and enhancing a highly visible employee intranet with more than 100,000 visits per month• Graphic development and video storyboarding, production and editing• Writing, editing and delivering communication materials about news, events, initiatives and campaigns, using the appropriate communication vehicles.• Maintaining and creating digital signage and presentations, with input from the team.• Supporting a communication strategy consistent with and reflecting the vision of Partners HealthCare.• Using Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done with a focus on: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in internal or marketing communications, public relations or a related field.
• Two to three years of marketing and communications or/and change management experience in a professional environment
• Demonstrated writing excellence including the ability to write original material effectively, clearly and quickly, and edit material for tone, grammar and punctuation.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud apps and content management systems, or willingness to learn
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
• Experience executing communications through a range of tools including content management systems, email distribution systems, digital screens and graphic image and video editing software.
• Experience with the following applications or similar a significant plus: Lyris, Constant Contact, Igloo, Adobe Creative Cloud, consumer-level video editing software, basic HTML, Visix, Aceso.
• Demonstrated writing skills and sound editorial judgment regarding publication content, design, and effectiveness.
• Demonstrated aptitude for user-centered design and experience applying and adhering to corporate brand standards.
• Detail-oriented and deadline driven.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills overall to relate appropriately and effectively to a diverse audience.
• Ability to understand and communicate complex ideas, including problem-solving skills necessary to gather and interpret data and to diagnose needs.
• A self-starter who can work autonomously and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Advanced interpersonal skills to work effectively as a part of various teams/projects/initiatives.
• Judgment and maturity along with the ability to manage confidential information.
• Highly organized and the ability to operate effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Willingness to serve as a Web Editor or Program Manager within an internal community.
• Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.