EF Education First
Senior Interactive Designer | Creative
Posted by: Marisa Landry
Boston, MA |
Senior Interactive Designer
EF Education First
We are looking for a passionate, driven, talented, selfless Senior Interactive Designer to join the creative crew for EF Ultimate Break.
NOTE: Applications without online portfolios will not be considered.
- Have at least 7 years of professional experience at an agency or design firm.
- Have spent your entire career in digital. Making sites (from scratch), breaking sites (so you can make them better), concepting and creating multi-channel campaigns, etc.
- Like owning projects end-to-end as much as you do collaborating with others (there is a healthy mix of both).
- Have a good sense for great UX.
- Get an extra high five if you have some css/html skills too.
- Are a pro with production/file-prep.
- Love to learn (and share) new things.
- Have a “I’ll figure it out” kind of attitude and approach.
- Get excited about designing things you’ve never done before.
- Are willing to jump in wherever and whenever the team needs.
- Put team above self.
- Look at every project, no matter its budget or scope or “cool factor”, as an opportunity.
- Can’t stand drama. We believe that positive collaboration makes the best work and work environment.
- Are a touch weird…but, like, in a fun way…not like a “weird” way.
- Are the in-house creative crew for EF Ultimate Break. You can check out some of our work at ef.com or efultimatebreak.com
- Sit next to and partner directly with marketing and dev, so that we can keep things nimble and eliminate the bureaucracy (we strive to make great work and get it out there for people to experience…instead of having like 47 meetings about the work before it can go live).
- Can make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in-house.
- Are a passionate crew that focuses on making great work and having fun doing it.
- Can’t stand drama…although we do like dramas, have you seen that show on Netflix that everyone is talking about? No? It’s pretty good, you should check it out.
- Are a touch weird…we like to think in a fun way but maybe it’s more like a “fun” way. You be the judge.
- We live and breathe digital and do everything from the production work to the crazy-amazing career-making ad campaigns and everything in between. But no matter what the assignment, we view every project as an opportunity to make something we’re psyched to put in our portfolios and show off to our moms, dads, dogs, cats or park pigeons (especially the park pigeons…they are a tough crowd).
The Perks (and this is the VERY abbreviated list)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, 4 weeks after your first year
- $1500 per employee for professional development/continued education
- All expenses paid international travel
- Free in-house language classes
- Annual team outings
- Apple Education Discounts
- Free nicknames
A tiny bit about EF Education FirstThe company was founded over 50 years ago on the idea that the best way to learn is to go out into the world and experience it. Over the last several decades, EF has grown to more than 46,000 teachers and staff in 500 schools and offices in over 50 countries.
Big, right? The interesting thing is that we don’t operate that way. It’s the best of a small company approach, atmosphere, and energy with the backing and support of a big one. Got an idea that will change the way we do business? Bring it up, and it can actually get implemented here. That’s pretty cool, and not something you’ll find at most other places.