Developing Content That Soars in Search (SEO)
What’s this course about?
The days of rote keyword repetition are long gone. Search engines are getting smart enough to recognize meaning from conversational speech and informal phrases. Looking for “Italian food near me?” Google knows that’s a restaurant search, and uses your location to show relevant results closest to you.
By following best practices, you can raise your content visibility without compromising quality. Anyone who develops content wants to stay true to their creative muse, while attracting as large an audience as possible.
In this session led by a certified Google Partner, you’ll get an overview of how search actually works, in simple terms anyone can understand. We’ll discuss the role of keywords, links, metas, and how search engines measure content quality. Bring a recent work sample to be deconstructed and reconstructed in a workshop, for hands-on experience.
What will you learn?
- Keyword research
- Writing meta tags that work
- General do’s and don’ts
- Peer review and constructive feedback
- Much more!
Who will be teaching the course?
Evan is a results-driven digital entrepreneur with experience across a broad spectrum of industries. He has a proven track record for developing comprehensive long- and short-term business strategies, online and offline, and executing them crisply.His areas of expertise include:
• Strategic positioning and problem-solving, quickly digesting new paradigms, and translating complex technical information into clear execution plans
• Deep experience in e-commerce, transactional marketing and analysis
• Command of all areas of growth company operations (Finance, Marketing, Manufacturing, Customer Support, Administration, etc)
• Mastery of all disciplines of marketing communications, including SEO (Search Engine Optimization), PPC (Pay-Per-Click), display advertising, retargeting, and much more.